Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MDA Show of Strength

This Labor day Weekend was the MDA telethon. They are calling it the Show of Strength now. I won't get into any of the politics surrounding the history of the event.

Suffice to say, MDA has supported me and my family a lot over the years and I was happy to appear on the Show of Strength to talk about Ms. Wheelchair America, what it was like to have the national pageant in RI, and a bit about my platform. I hope that whoever wanted to see it got to, and I hope I'll be getting requests to speak and appear at more events soon! :D

I also got my crown! It is stunning. So excited. I could not stop grinning.


Kristin Conners, myself, and Doreen Scandlon from ABC6


Sometime this week I should be meeting up to plan out my year as Ms. Wheelchair RI. Very excited! I hope that I will be able see my dreams come to fruition.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! A great way to get some exposure. And your crown is sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete